Learn To Lead
“Established in 2014 as second campus but separate entity of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management ( LBSIM) , New Delhi, LBSITM is committed to the advancement of Management Education, Research , Training and Consultancy contributing to the process of creating leaders in the global business environment.
Two Year Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management ( 2018-20) Batch.
The Program is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India
A recognized Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Candidates appearing in final degree examination are also eligible to apply . A candidate must have a valid score in any one of the following : CAT/XAT/GMAT/MAT/CMAT/SNAP/NMAT/CET/LBSMAT
Application Procedure :
Apply online at www.lbsitm.ac.in. Candidate need to pay Rs.500/- through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking .
- Excellent placement with multiple offers
- Immersion program at LBSIM Delhi for all students for one month in each semester at Institute’s cost
- Scholarship to meritorious students
- Group Medical Insurance for all students
- Free Boarding and Lodging to all outstation students. Separate accommodation for boys and girls
- Complimentary pick and drop facility to all
- Renowned Faculty having experience from IITs, IIMs,BITS-Pilani, Business , Industry & Government.
- Global tie-ups with Foreign Business Schools/Universities; Optional International one week immersion tour.
The programme starts with a one-week orientation schedule, which serves as a catalyst to familiarize the students with complexity and diversity of management education in the country and also identify and bridge learning gaps of students, coming from diverse academic backgrounds.
The two year Full-Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management programme consists of four semesters. The course structure has been designed to ensure that the management graduates of LBSITM develop a judicious blend of strategic thinking and tactical implementation, specialized knowledge and general management skills. In the two semesters during the first year, the focus is primarily on basic courses, to build a foundation of conceptual and analytical skills, required for more specialized study in various functional areas, to be pursued in the second year of the programme. The students have to take 16 core
courses along with a Personal & Interpersonal Effectiveness Lab and undertake Summer Training during the year. The students may also have the opportunity to take a foreign language as an optional course during the first / second year.
In the second year, during the third and fourth Semesters, the students have to opt for 11electives in addition to the three compulsory courses. This enables the students to pursue in –depth learning in the areas of their specialization. The electives cover a minimum of two functional areas, which equip the LBSITM graduates with multiple functional skills. Besides, each student undertakes a project study under the guidance of a faculty member during the second year, with the aim of gaining an insight into actual corporate realities by studying a business problem or a situation. The students from the beginning of third semester undertake the project study and the final submission is at the end of fourth semester.
Each student is required to undertake winter training in a company of repute for the duration of 2-3 weeks as a part of course curriculum just after the First semester examination. They also need to undertake a live /study project with the company. This training allows the students to get familiarize with corporate ambience and equip oneself with desired qualities.
Each student is required to undertake summer training in a company of repute for the duration of 8-10 weeks as part of course curriculum just after the second semester examination. They also need to undertake a project assignment with the company. This project training provides an opportunity to the students to have a first-hand practical exposure, and allows them to relate the conceptual and analytical skills acquired in classroom to actual managerial practices. The institute, as well as the organizations, where these projects have been carried out, evaluate various projects undertaken by the students. If the evaluation is unsatisfactory, the student is not promoted to the second year of the programme.
The ‘End-Term Project’ is carried out by the 2nd year students wherein they are required to submit a report containing their research and findings.
Course curriculum for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management is reviewed and updated every year, particularly for its content, pedagogy, evaluation parameters, and readings. To keep pace with the changing environment, each course undergoes a three-stage updating process. To begin with, the instructor concerned reviews his/her course vis-à-vis the same/similar course/s offered by other benchmarked institutions in the country and abroad and updates the course/s keeping his/her own updated academic and industry insight in mind. In the second stage, instructors discuss the course/s in their respective area meetings and update the same in accordance with the suggestions of the group.
In the third and final stage, all the courses are presented for discussion in the Faculty Council. The Council along with invited industry experts, reputed alumni, and representatives from prominent recruiters deliberate on each and every course presented there and suggests changes, if needed. Integration of the total package as well as stakeholder expectation is main concern of the Council.
The two -year course structure is summarized as under:
- Semester I-Eight Compulsory courses
- Semester II-Eight Compulsory courses
- Plus Personal and Interpersonal Effectiveness Lab
- Summer Training-Eight to Ten Weeks
Second Year :
- · Semester III – Two Compulsory Courses + Five Electives + Project Study (Commencement)
- · Semester IV – One Compulsory Course + Four Electives + Project Study (Submission)
The following are the detail of the compulsory and elective courses offered to the students:
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Business Communication
- Quantitative Techniques
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- IT for Business Decisions
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Govt., Business, and Society
- Business Research Methods
- Operations Management
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Management Information Systems
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
Semester IIIStrategic Management Supply Chain Management Plus Four Major Electives And Two Minor Electives other than major
Semester IVInternational Business Project Report Plus Three Major And Two Minor Electives other than major
Electives for Specializations
Finance and Accounting
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Management of Financial Services
- Project Appraisal, Financing, and Control
- Corporate Restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Financial Management
- Risk Management in Bank & Insurance Companies
- Commercial Banking and Insurance
- Performance Management
- Management of Industrial Relations
- Compensation Management
- Labour Legislations
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organizational Development
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing of Services
- International Marketing
- Advertising and Sales Promotion Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- B2B Marketing
- Brand Management
- Rural Marketing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Data Warehousing & Data Mining
- Cloud Computing
- IT Strategic Management
- Software Project Management
Operations / Systems Management and Management of Technology
- Advanced Materials Management & Logistics
- Project Management
- Total Quality Management
- Service Operations Management
- Operations Strategy
- Knowledge Management
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Business Analytics
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Intelligence
- Change Management
- Consulting & Advisory Practices
Each student shall be evaluated on the basis of Grade Point Average (GPA) for a term and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of all the completed terms at any point of time. Students, who attain a minimum CGPA of 5.00 at the end of two years, shall be considered successful for award of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).